purple haze

purple haze
no words shall describe natures' beauty

Sunday, January 18, 2009

a sunday morning in jan

my sunday's are usually revolved around by "yum cha" with my family, consisting of only 5, 4 if my brother isn't with us.
pretty much a usual "yum cha" like almost every other proudly asian families, but only with the occasional order of 16-20 dishes of "dim sum."
I consider that my brunch, 16-20 dishes, you get the idea.
But what was different about this particular sunday morning that i'm writing about on my blog, is that i went to a function called "GEORGETOWN TAPAK WARISAN DUNIA UNESCO."



Basically, just an event where people come along to check out some stuff. There were art works for sale, little gimmicks, cute creations like small key chains that you can even request for your initials to be placed in the key chain, stuff that attracts tourist, since the idea's founded and funded by E&O Hotel.
I really liked it there today, it was good. Found some great stuff, i just found out that there are galleries in penang *SHOCK*. I spotted a really good art work, i wanted to get it but shit, it's up for RM1000! yes, RM1000!
So i didn't get the art work, decided that it isn't necessary. But i did get things, some bookmarks, uh...key chains...that's bout it.
My mom, bought this really weird....thing. It's like a paddle-ball, only where you don't hit the ball with the paddle. There's chickens on it (wood carved) and there's a ball tied with string that are attached to the chickens head and wen the ball spins round, the string are pulled, thus creating a "pecking" effect for the chicks. My reaction to this, childlike wonder joys! I laugh at myself. I was so amused by this thing, I seemed almost ridiculous in public.....
Mom also got a, basil plant and sim bought her rosemary plant. We finally have our own herbs to grow at home! No more herb-hunting with mom!
The best part of this event was that there were little kids performing, two kids on the violin playing the "riverdance" song!(awesome), a girl and a young boy singing ABBA songs, someone singing "love song" by sara bareilles, and one guy with a really good voice! not too sure about the title of the song he sang, but he did a good job! Too bad, i didn't get a chance to meet him.
So all and all it was a fun sunday morning. Definitely not MY average sunday morning.

No comments: